Tuesday 7 August 2012

Hello, My name is Patricia and I am a tournament addict.

Welcome to my blog!  

Here I will rant and ramble and talk and discuss and complain, and compliment and generally go on about the tournaments I go to and all things related to them. 

But first, a little bit about myself.

Name: Patricia VanderMeer
Belt: Blue (2 stripes)
School: Pura BJJ
Affiliation: Mendes Bros / Art of Jiu Jitsu
Job:  Web Programmer
Other Martial Arts I've done:  Judo, Japanese Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing, MMA
Family: I've got a big family.  They are very supportive of my obsessions, except when it makes scheduling family events difficult, which is fairly often.  Thankfully my husband trains with me, so I don't have to worry about him ;)

Now you know everything there is to know about me.

Here's a video of me getting beat up by Tiffany Bayliss from last weekend!   For someone in 2 weight classes below me she sure is strong and has great arm bar defense, and scary triangles.  I'll admit, I was almost out there in the middle of that triangle.  If I had known I was ahead, and that there was 30 seconds left, I might not have tapped. But, chances are I would have gone out,  so I'm not sure what's worse.    Either way, lessons learned and all that.

Looking forward to hitting the mats and working on my terrible triangle defense!


My next few posts will likely be about some of the 9 tournaments I have competed in (or maybe the Niagara Open, where I had no one to play with, but still went to support my team).    See you on the competition floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment